Sell My Alamogordo Home
What does it take to sell a home? The Alamogordo Realtors know and get the job done.
Looking to sell your home this year? Regardless of the reason there are steps you can take before even talking to a listing agent and things to do while your home is on the market.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU LIST
- Make sure every minor repair issue is dealt with. Buyers are picky these days and if you want to get the most for you home you must make sure its near perfect. This means you should have a neutral party involved to check out the home with fresh eyes. Living in a home for too long can make you blind to minor flaws.
- Update and Upgrade. Buyers are looking at granite countertops and bamboo flooring. Make sure your home stands up to the new homes currently on the market. If you can update anything, the kitchen is the top priority. Buyers like new appliances that match, new flooring if possible and updated bathrooms. Do what you can and take tips from your Alamogordo Realtor.
- Pack up everything you are not going to use in the next couple months. You will need to pack anyway, might as well start now by putting away seasonal items, extra dishes and bedding and toys. This will leave more room for buyers to tour your home and take out the majority of the clutter.
Read More: Selling Mistakes
WHAT TO DO ONCE YOU ARE LISTED
- Leave Buyers alone. Most buyers don't want the sellers following them from room to room inquiring if they like the place or not. Buyers cannot feel comfortable to really share their feelings with their agent and may feel awkward. This also may make them leave your home much too soon. Leave the home when buyers come to see knowing that their agent is responsible for them being there.
- Be flexible. There's being reasonable and being flexible. Try to make sure your home is show worthy within 30-60 minutes of a notice. This should be plenty of time to run around cleaning up, straightening up and getting the home ready to show. Buyers can be unreasonable in that they may just knock on your door. When this happens be gracious and let them know they can see the home but it's not up to show standards.
- Know that buyers WILL low-ball you. They are trying to get the best deal they can and don't be offended when they come in lower than you would ever expect. Negotiate, trust your Realtor and don't give in but also don't get upset. You never know who may end up purchasing the home.
Read More: Sellers FAQ
Finding the right Alamogordo real estate agent may not be easy but we have dedicated agents and Realtors in our office ready to help you list and sell fast with as much profit in your pocket as the market allows. Let us show you how we would market, advertise and sell your home. Call us today at 575-437-1137 or email us at email@example.com or simply use the form below. We look forward to speaking with you.